Retreat Wednesday

...Also known as the last day of retreat. It is always a little sad to wake up on the last morning of retreat and know that at some point that day you have to return home to bills, laundry, cooking, and eventually work! I was glad to be getting home to my family but I could do without all of the above if only I was independently wealthy! 
As Wednesday morning dawned, I had only one project that I'd brought to retreat that I hadn't yet worked on, so I pulled it out and started working on it. It is a firecracker pillow. I got everything done except for the sparkles on the fireworks. I knew I had metallic thread at home, so decided to wait to do that. It is still on my table that sits next to my machine, but I need to get metallic needles so that I can do it without too many thread breaks. As soon as I have it finished, I will share a picture. 


After I got as far as I could on that, I packed up my machine and my projects and then pulled out my half square triangles for my snowball quilt and continued trimming up the squares. I had about a dozen left to cut when I had to call it a day and go help decide who was going to take which leftover food home! We packed up, loaded the cars, and headed back for home. It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed walking in the house and throwing all the windows open. About 30 minutes after I arrived home, Jenna ran off the bus to give me a huge hug, then a few minutes after that, Mike and Jack arrived home with big hugs as well. 


Overall, it was a really fun retreat and I look forward to returning someday in the future. I hope you enjoyed reading about the experience! 

Comments