2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stash Report - week 48

I had an unexpected week in my sewing room which started with some organization of a pile of fabric. In doing that, I found some items that would make quick Christmas gifts for teachers and friends, so I got started on my holiday sewing last weekend. I can't show pictures of much of it yet, but I have 2 gifts done and 2 more in progress. 


By the end of the week, I was itching to get back downstairs and do some quilting, so I pulled out one of Lois' UFOs that was almost ready. I got the back made, found batting that was the perfect size and threw it on the frame Friday afternoon. It only took me a little over an hour to quilt and I trimmed it up yesterday so it is ready to bind. Now, the only problem is that I think the binding is already made and waiting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it....I will search later today and if I can't find it, then I have strips leftover from the top that can be used for single fold binding. 


Here's a picture of the finished quilting - I had quite a few thread breaks at the top, but it got better after I unwound a bunch of my bobbin and started fresh. I used King Tut on the top and bottom line in the bobbin and it was probably the best tension I've ever gotten with that combination. Sorry it is sideways, the picture won't load correctly - just turn your head to the right a little :)




So, here's the stash report: 
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Fabric used this week: 3 7/8 yards
Fabric added year to date: 46 3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 113 7/8 yards


Net fabric used: 67 1/8 yards


Pattern usage remains at -3. I am using a pattern for one of the Christmas gifts, so I should be at least 1 closer to 0 next week! 

1 comment:

jillquilts said...

Great job on the quilting!!