Stash Report - Week 38

It is a late stash report this week because I didn't turn on the computer until just a few minutes ago and I am also catching up from last week! I had a good week and between myself and my mom, got a lot of fabric used. I quilted my first project on the Avante - a two-fer. I am making a set of Market Bags from a Terry Atkinson book and quilted them both at the same time. I am hoping to get them done this week. The great news is that I used Rainbows thread on them and I had heard that it didn't work well on HQ's but I didn't have any problems with it and it looks great! I thought my tension was a teeny bit off the whole time I was quilting, but when I took it off the frame, it looked great :D I am sure I will have tension challenges ahead of me, but am glad not to have them on the first project. 


I also count a pillowcase and a yard of test fabric which I put on the Avante when it was being set up. Mittens is now snuggling on that fabric and seems to approve of the test quilting. 


My mom gave me the biggest boost this week though, as she took a bolt of muslin home and cut all of her hanging sleeves for the quilt show out of it and also used it to finish 4 pillows from wool blocks Lois had made. We didn't really have enough to make a top from them, but they will look good as pillows. Mom and I are each going to keep one and will give the other two to her sister for her family. 


I did add some fabric and a couple patterns this week (pictured below) - all were gifts, but I still count them. The Miranda Day Bag kit is from a friend in my bee, and the book is a birthday present from one of my friends who doesn't quilt, but has a good eye for picking out quilting books! Also included in the picture are the bow tie quilt w/binding finished (will show a picture soon when I do an update post on Lois' UFOs) and a cross stitch that mom gave me for my birthday. 


Well, that's all the chatter -- here's the official report:


Fabric added last two weeks: 2 1/8 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 6 3/4 yards


Fabric added year to date: 38 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 86 1/8 yards


Net fabric used: 47 1/4 yards


Patterns used/added this week: 1/2
Net patterns used year to date: 0
  

Comments

krisgray said…
Great numbers! Sounds like you have a lot going on. That cross stitch is adorable.

Now, back to the Colts game....