2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Jedi

Today was my day off (I work 4 days/week) and I had a great day with Jack. Before Jenna started first grade, I was a little apprehensive about how a whole day with Jack would go because he plays with her so much and is so needy when he doesn't have his playmate! I am happy to report that we're having a blast and really enjoying our days together. Today, the schedule included errands, vacuuming, laundry, watching a little PBS Kids, having lunch at school with Jenna, Wii, and then a little sewing. You can tell which parts of the schedule were at his request and which were at mine! 


To keep Jenna occupied when I was sewing, I kept an art bag in my sewing room that she could only play with in there and she loved it. Jack could care less...so today, when we headed upstairs, I suggested that he bring up a few Star Wars characters to play with. He did and kept himself very busy for about 30-40 minutes playing with them, then asked if he could help. He was a great helped cutting threads for me, then wanted to play with the scissors. I set him loose with my scrap bag and a pair of scissors and he had a blast. Before long, he told me he had made a belt to hold his lightsaber. 



Don't you love the 4 1/2 year old imagination? 

2 comments:

Izzy said...

Adorable! I have a 7 year-old who thinks he's a ninja and he can be seen sticking sticks in makeshift belts all the time!

jillquilts said...

That's awesome!! Glad you are getting some one on one time with Jack! He's so handsome! :)