Week 33 Stash Report

Well, I had a great week but had a little backslide when it comes to the stash report! I worked this week on quilting a top for my mom that is about 1/2 done and should be finished this week. I was hoping to get it done during the week, but Jack is having a really hard time going to sleep in the evenings, and the whirr of the HQ adds to it. I am going to have to focus on quilting before bedtime or weekends for a while, I think. I have two more quilts to load right after this one, so I am hoping the evening situation will improve this week. 


So, since I couldn't do a ton of quilting this week, I spent several hours working on the cross-stitch stocking I am making for my nephew, and I got one of my newest UFOs finished. About 6 weeks ago, I had the chance to be a stunt sewer/pattern tester for Terri Degenkolb of Whimsicals, but I really failed at it! I got started on the pattern and gave her some feedback, but then got waylaid with work and wasn't able to finish it before she had to go to print. The good news is that the only problems I ran into when dong the rest of the pattern were 100% user error (that's what I get for sewing something new when tired!). Here's the result - a tote bag from her newest line, Buttons and Blooms. 






I did add a little fabric this week - I placed an online order last weekend so that I can make a new purse, and also went to the Ice Cream Social sale at Quilts Plus yesterday. I picked up a couple yards for pillowcases, a quilt back, and another piece I just liked. At $4/yard, it was tough to come home with only this!


The end result for the week is:
Fabric added this week: 8 3/8 yards
Fabric used this week: 0 yards


Fabric added year to date: 34 1/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 76 3/8 yards


Net fabric used: 42 1/8 yards 

Comments

Reenie said…
That tote is just darling!! I feel for you about not being able to sew at night. I do almost ALL my sewing when everyone else is in bed. Hope the situation resolves, but hey..look at the progress you are making on the embroidery!!