Memorial Day Weekend

I am a few weeks behind in posting this, but we had a wonderful, busy Memorial Day weekend and I thought I'd share some pictures. I also wanted to throw in a family-centric post since so much (all) of my posting over the past few months has been related to quilting and I have a few readers who enjoy the family posts more than the quilting ones :)


We started the weekend by attending the 500 Festival parade - Mike went down early and secured us a great spot on the street. My mother in law, and our friend Richard and his mom Sara joined us for the parade. The kids loved it as always, and sought refuge under Sara's umbrella when it got a little too warm. 

On Sunday, while everyone else in the city was attending or listening to the Indy 500, we headed south for the day to the outlet mall. I had gotten a couple coupons in email and knew that there were good sales going on. We got great deals on shoes (3 for the price of 1) and Jenna enhanced her wardrobe for the summer. She is in a school where they wear uniforms and, since last fall, had grown out of most of her prior summer clothes. She changed into her new dress immediately when we got home and loves it! While Mike and the kids were waiting for me and mom to go through a few stores, the kids found this truck to drive and had a great time taking turns as the driver. 
On Monday, we rounded out our weekend with a trip to the ballpark downtown - I've always told people that it is named after my family :)
I taught the kids to take off their hats and put their hands on their heart for the singing of the national anthem, and I think they did pretty well. 
It was a looonnnggg game, not because there was anything special going on, but because the kids were restless. They must have walked around the park 5 times and were hungry every inning! As we left the park in the 7th inning, we walked by the table where the team mascot Rowdie was signing autographs and taking pictures. Jenna wouldn't have anything to do with him, but Jack was happy to take his hat, his sister's, and give Rowdie a hug! 
After all that, we came home, showered, and crashed. It was a great long weekend!

Comments

Ruthie said…
Looks like a very fun weekend. We are heading to Victory field on the 24th for a company outing.