Stash Report - Week 51

I had a very productive week this week, as I finished off the teacher gifts and got them to school in time, made a stocking, worked on another of Lois' UFOs, started piecing on one of my UFOs that I cut early this year, and got more than half of a queen sized quilt quilted. 


I meant to line up all the teacher gifts and take a picture of them together, but had them wrapped and half of them in the car before I remembered. Here's a picture of the last one I made. I had the kids ask each of the teachers their favorite color and matched the box to that. For most of Jenna's teachers, she picked out the FQ to use. 
I also made a stocking for our friend Richard's little brother Curtis. Curtis was less than a month old last year at Christmas, and I didn't remember to make him a stocking like his brother's, so his mom asked if I would do it this year. Lucky for me, this was the last one in a panel of four. My mom embroidered his name and I got the stocking put together this week. They picked it up on Christmas eve, and I am sure Santa did a good job of filling it up for him. 


On Thursday, I had a sewing day at Kathy's house and we really enjoyed working in her basement, which has lots of room for quilting and also a play area for the kids. Jack and Jenna kept themselves entertained all day playing with new toys and really enjoying the legos! I got this top together (it is one of Lois' UFOs) - just needs mitered borders added, which I'll do another day. 



I will show pics of the other quilt on the frame when I get it done (hopefully later today). All in all, it was a great week and we celebrating Christmas over the past two days with lots of family, food, gifts, and fun! I did get a little fabric as presents, so that accounts for my fabric added this week. 


Fabric added this week: 5 1/4 yards
Fabric used this week: 1 3/8 yards


Fabric added year to date: 44 5/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 132 3/4 yards


Net fabric used: 88 1/8 yards


Not sure that I will hit the 100 yard mark by next week, but we'll see! I may have to cut up a bunch of pet scrap bags! I am going to finish off this year in my report next week since I run my stash week from Sun - Sat. 

Comments

SpinningStar said…
You are doing a wonderful job - I'm sure you will get a bit more done this week - perhaps 12 yards worth!?!

Liz