Stash Report - Week 50

Edited: Fabric used was incorrect - it stands at 130 1/8 yards.


I spent the last week in Singapore and Shanghai for a work trip so didn't have any time to use any fabric. I took some cross-stitch with me, but only worked on it on the plane on the way home. While I was gone, my mom did add a FQ to my stash for our bee birthdays. I will give it to the b-day girl tomorrow, so it will come right back off next week. 


While in Singapore, we did see one shop with fabric -- silk! It was really beautiful, but you pay for beauty at $150/yard (and that's the conversion to American dollars)! I didn't see any that I couldn't live without for that price. 


In China, the first store I saw with fabric was laid out a little bit differently....


but the next one looked a little more traditional. The interesting thing about the second store is that it wasn't cotton fabric, but a thick canvas type fabric. Must be used for upholstery or draperies? 


All in all, it was a good trip but I am really glad to be home and looking forward to doing some quilting this week! 


Fabric added this week: 1/4 yard
Fabric used this week: 0 yards


Fabric added year to date: 39 1/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 130 1/8 yards

Net fabric used: 91 yards

Comments

I hope the trip abroad was nice, but I am sure that you are happy to be home now! And I am just shocked that you didn't need any of that silk! ;)
Reenie said…
Umm..is your math wrong? Your fabric added is 39 1/8 and your used is 139 1/8. Shouldn't that be a total of 100 used not 91?
What do you do for a living that you get to travel like that? Must be so exciting!!!gui