Quilty Gifts

Over the last few months, I've worked on three projects that were gifts, and the recipients have all read my blog at times in the past, so I didn't want to show too much of the projects. Now that all have been delivered/received, I can show pictures! 


The first is a comfort quilt that we made for our friend Suzie, who used to be in our bee. Suzie has had a rough year, complete with a move and an ill husband. Our bee wanted Suzie to know that we're thinking of her, so we made her this comfort quilt. You saw the blocks a while back. I provided the borders, backing, and quilting for this quilt. 

Next up is a baby quilt for my friend Kristi's new daughter. I actually made the top about 3 years ago when Kristi was expecting her first child. When she had a boy, I thought this top was too feminine so I made him another quilt which has been well loved. When she found out she was having a girl for #2, I knew I had to pull out this top and get it finished for her.


Finally is my one quilted Christmas present - a table runner for my brother and sister in law. I bought the kit to make this over the summer and pre-cut it to take to retreat with me in October. When I got to retreat, I discovered that I had cut too much...so, I had to move to plan B. I put the fabric pieces on a design wall there and played around for a while until I found a setting that would work and use all the pieces. This is what I wound up with, and without even knowing it at the time, I met one of my goals for the year - do something without a pattern! I hope that it will fit on their coffee table and that they will enjoy it for years to come. 



Comments

Cheryl Willis said…
All three are wonderful and will be well loved. cw
Reenie said…
Wow..you were busy!! Love them all, but really love that baby quilt!! As Cheryl said, they are all going to be so loved!!!