2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back at Home

Whew! After 10 days in Germany, we are back home and settling back into the routine. The return to a time zone 6 hours earlier has meant very early mornings for me, which I have enjoyed in my sewing room :) 


Our trip was great and I will start a series of posts to share all about it. We stayed in three different cities and loved experiencing the German culture, even if through the eyes of a tourist! It was a relaxing trip and good to be away to have some time together. My parents kept Jack and Jenna and they had a great time together (except when my dad tilted them backwards in the double stroller...but we're not talking about that one!). 


Before I get into the Germany reports, I wanted to wrap up the month of September from a sewing perspective. I had a good month, especially considering that I was gone for 1/3 of it! I had a total of 16 hours in my sewing room and finished the following projects: 
- Pieced 2 Market Bags
- Made 2 blocks for a friendship/comfort quilt
- Cut out, fused, and put borders on my Halloween wallhanging
- Cut 12 bag kits for our Christmas Bee project
- Made 1 pillowcase for the Million pillowcase challenge


In October, I should have a ton of sewing time because I am taking a workshop with Esterita Austin for 2 days and I am going to a retreat! Looking forward to the full three days of sewing :) I am hoping to get a couple quilt backings made and start some new projects as well as work on a couple UFOs and some Christmas presents....yikes - I better start my list and start getting things together for retreat!

2 comments:

jillquilts said...

Retreat is sooo close!! I can't wait!!!

You did great in September! I still need to get my list together... So much to do, so little time!! :-D

Glad you are home safe!!

Babs said...

Ooooh, can't wait to see your Germany post! Congrats on accomplishing so much in a "short month"
:)
-Barb