Just the Other Night

Although it has been over a month, it seems like just the other night that my guild hosted Laura Wasilowski. She was such a friendly teacher and gave a wonderful lecture. I was at the back of the room and she uses a computer & projector, so no pictures of the lecture. But, she sings and engages the whole room with her stories and humor. Although I was unable to attend, I hear her classes were fantastic too. 


I enjoyed my job as the sales table helper and got to look at all her beautiful quilts that were for sale. I can't tell you how many times I leafed through them all to get just another look. 


I bought a kit at the end of the night and look forward to making it and expanding my hand embroidery skills (I guess I should say developing instead of expanding!). 


If you ever get a chance to meet Laura, take a class from her, or hear a lecture, don't pass it by! 

Comments

Moneik said…
You are so lucky to have such wonderful speakers for your guild meetings.
Gina said…
How wonderful. I would have loved to have listened to her as I think her quilts are amazing

Love and hugs Gina xxx
Cathy said…
It was so much fun. I was able to attend the Saturday class and it was great. I can certainly see myself fusing and doing hand embroidery now.
Awesome! I love it when speakers are interesting and engaging!!