2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Stash Report - Week 34

I had some good time in the sewing room this week despite several nights of meetings/events and long days at work this week. I am slowly adjusting back to the full time work schedule and trying to fit in some quilting. Friday nights are great for that if I don't fall asleep at 9:30! 


Earlier in the week, I made a couple pillowcases, one of which will be headed to a friend who is serving in Afghanistan. Then, inspired by Laura Wasilowski's visit to our guild last week, I started a fusible kit that I've had for a couple years. Got it all fused, now just need to cut it all out. 


Friday night I needed some mindless piecing, so pulled back out my Judy L. quilt from the workshop in May. I am working on the pieced borders now and had so much fun that I sewed too many! The pile with the seam ripper on them is the stack I need to take out so I can use the triangles to finish up the other ones. 


Despite having a birthday discount at one of my favorite shops, I didn't have any luck adding to my stash this week, which is really okay! 


Fabric added this week: 0
Fabric used this week: 3 1/2 yards


Added year to date: 29 5/8 yards
Used year to date: 83 1/4 yards


Net fabric used: 53 5/8
Anyone think I can get past the mid 50's before I buy something else?!?!

6 comments:

Tamera said...

Way to go! You're firmly in the black.

jillquilts said...

Good job on not adding even with your birthday discount!! ;) And your report is still looking great!!!

Lori said...

Great job on busting fabric, even in the black.

Judy Laquidara said...

Sounds like even with your busy schedule, you got a lot done. Good job on the stash busting and on working on some older projects.

Infinity Quilter/Knitter said...

Congrats on getting back to the Judy quilt. Good job on NOT adding to the stash.

Moneik said...

So glad you were able to do some mindless sewing. I love doing it too, especially after a long week.