2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stash Report - Week 27

My stash this week had its ups and downs. 


On the up side, I won a little contest in one of my online groups and the prize came from two locations. Regina in NY sent me a set of fabric and two spools of thread. Her sister Sue in SC sent the Margo pattern from Lazy Girl Designs and a Bag-E-Bottom and label. I am really looking forward to making the purse, although I may make it in more fall colors, because I don't have a good fall purse yet! 


On the down side, I cut up another 2 yards for scrap bags that will become pet beds. They will head off to members of my bee. I also cut the backing for another big baby nine patch and got it sewn together (and as I type on Saturday night, my mom is adding the baby name to it on her embroidery machine :). I also pulled out one of my UFOs that has been sitting for a year. I started it last year on the 4th of July while my mom, Mike, and Jenna sat in the rain waiting for the fireworks (Jack and I went home early and he was snoozing while I was sewing). I put it away last year because I didn't know how I wanted to quilt it, but knew that I wanted it finished for this year. I got it done just in the nick of time, putting the last stitches into the binding on Saturday afternoon. I must say though, that it feels really good to have another item knocked off the UFO list, even if it is only a small one! Here's the results of all that above (and sorry for the awful picture, my camera suffered a bad fall and is dying and can't find the cord to plug my husband's into the computer!). 


I also finished up the binding and label for my mother in law's quilt - I was able to give it to her on Friday night for her birthday. I've already counted all the fabric for this one and it was great to pull out the already-made binding and stitch it on. 


Late last night after drafting this post, I cut out fabric to make a couple dresses for girls in Haiti. A woman in our guild is sending a suitcase full down with her husband later this month, so I pulled a couple bright florals to make them with. Pictures to come later in the week as I get them finished. 


Here's the numbers for the week: 


Fabric added this week: 1 3/4 yards
Fabric used this week: 5 1/4 yards


Fabric added year to date: 17 1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 69 yards


Net fabric used: 51 1/2 yards -- woo hoo, back above 50! 


Check out how everyone else is doing (and read about the new bees) at Judy's blog

3 comments:

Infinity Quilter/Knitter said...

A finish is a finish! Congrats on getting some older projects done. You're doing great on your stashbusting!

jillquilts said...

Looks great!!! You are doing really well with everything that you are finishing AND with your stash reports! Woo hoo!!

Judy Laquidara said...

You accomplished a lot this week, and some really nice projects too! Sorry about the camera but it makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who has ruined a camera lately.