2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stash Report - Week 7

I was glad to have an obligation this week that pushed me into the sewing room and got me cutting some fabric! I helped my son Jack's preschool classroom make a quilt for their class this week! I sent in a piece of muslin on Tuesday and picked it up on Thursday...look what they did to it!

On Thursday night, I cut the borders, back, and batting and added the borders to the top. I took my sewing machine into the classroom on Friday afternoon and showed the kids how to put a quilt together (stitch and flip method, which works a lot better when you actually put right sides together...so the kids also got to see how you use a seam ripper!).

I haven't gotten pictures of the completed quilt from the teacher yet, but I will be bringing the quilt home one night next week to do a little quilting in the middle around the bucket so it will wash well.

Anywho...on to the stash report:
Fabric added this week: 0
Fabric used this week: 4.5 yards

Fabric added year to date: 5/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 19 1/8 yards
Net fabric used year to date: 18 1/2 yards

Woo hoo - getting close to the 20 yard mark...I hope I can make some time this week to hit it!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That quilt looks so cool! It must have been a lot of fun being a part of this project. I can't wait to see the finished product!
be blessed,
Michelle

Reenie said...

Aww..I love things like this. Great job on it and I can't wait to see the pic of the finish!!

jillquilts said...

That is too cute!!! What a great thing to do for Jack's class!!

And I am sure that you can get to 20 yards this week! Make a pillowcase! lol

Julie said...

This quilt is wonderful. It will look great hanging in the classroom! You (and the kids) did a great job.

Infinity Quilter said...

That's so cute! What a great way to teach them about quilting.

Linda and Piwacket said...

Love the quilt. Handprints are so darn cute! And you're doing great on your stash report, too!

Vicky said...

What a great quilt! Those kids are going to remember that forever! You're such a good mommy!

Moneik said...

What a great project for Jack's class. I'm sure he'll always remember it as you will. Great stash report numbers. Keep it up.