Happy Valenstimes Week

Valenstimes is how Jenna says Valentines - isn't that cute? She is very excited for V-day later this week and will be even happier to get her little present (a new doll).

On New Year's Day evening, I pieced a table topper for Valentine's for my college roommate and her family. I quilted it in January as well, then bound it by machine. I sent it off to Michelle and she received it on Friday so I can now post a couple pictures. I didn't take a picture of the full finished product by accident, but here's a few pictures of the top completed and a closeup of the quilting.

I used a new ruler that my mom picked up in Houston for me and it was great fun! It makes the rope chain in the outer border. It was a little tricky to do the angles, so I took a picture of another section to show : )



My brilliant moment in the construction of this table topper was choosing a Christmas print to back it with so she can put it out over the holidays then flip it over in January and leave it out through February.

I also have to give a shout out on the pattern for this one. It was Little Charmers III from Anka's Treasures, a very easy to follow and quick pattern. I am a follower of Heather Mulder Peterson's blog too and she is really a great blogger...I get lots of inspiration from her and love seeing all her bright cheery pictures.

Comments

Very cute!! And another new thing for your quilting repetoire!! Nice!!
Gina said…
Love the runner. The fabrics you used are gorgeous.
Great idea to make it reversible

Love and hugs Gina xxx