Moose Sighting!

Yes, in central Indiana...we have a moose sighting. Deep in the woods of quiltingmom's sewing room a moose has emerged.

This is a project that my mom bought at least 10 years ago to make for a friend who collects moose items. She has since moved away from that friend and bought a few more cross stitch projects, so I was bequeathed this one because now I have a friend who collects moose items. He is moving into a new home next month, so this will be a housewarming gift for him. Although it seems as if I just did this, the year on the bottom says 2007, so I must have had it hidden in my sewing table for at least a year and a half! Yikes!

I worked on it a few weeks ago when I was hosting the Bonnie Hunter workshop, so the back of it sports a wonky star a la Bonnie, with thanks to Linda for the moose in the middle - isn't it great to have friends with fun scraps?

Comments

Linda said…
I'm so glad for the serendipity of actually having a bit of moose to go with your great project! It looks terrific.
piecesofpatti said…
It is nice to get those projects done, no matter how long it takes.
It looks great!!! Love the wonky Star on the back. Hooray for another finish!
Moneik said…
Great Job on another finish!
Gina said…
Great hanging. I love the star on the back

Love and hugs Gina xxx