Aren't Quickies Great?

Quickie quilt projects, ladies....

This afternoon, I got two hours of sewing in while Jack napped (for a bit), and then while he and Jenna had a blast on the floor of my sewing room with a bag of crayons, construction paper, glue, and scissors. Isn't it amazing how the simplest of toys can bring so much enjoyment? I love it.

I worked on two things today and got them both done! The first is the basket for my 100th post winner, who is Patti! Congrats Patti! Please send me your address so I can get to the post office this weekend to mail it to you (my email is attached to my blogger profile). I am going to keep the actual prize a secret so that Patti is the first to see it, then I will post a picture.


The second thing I worked on is a quick gift for a friend having a birthday brunch this weekend. The invitation requested no gifts, but this gal is really in need of a little cheer. And what kind of cheer is better than booze? I had slight recall of a wine bottle bag in one of my books, found the pattern this morning in Terry Atkinson's Let's Do Lunch, and pulled a couple fq's from my stash to get it made this morning. It was so quick and easy, I am sure I will be making more of these. I will fill it with a bottle of one of my favorite wines from Trader Joe's on my way to the party Saturday.

Comments

That's a great bag and a great gift!! Woo Hoo!
piecesofpatti said…
I won? That is so cool! Thank you Jennifer!
Moneik said…
Thanks for the smile! I had lots of quickie's this week... pillowcases. I love fast finishes.
Jen said…
The bag looks great. I always think of doing those things way too late in the game. I should ramp up a gift stash.
Yep...I love a quickie! I can't believe I typed that! Patti was just giddy about her winning your giveaway! She was like a little kid on the phone about it! Made my day that she won!