Growing a crafter

Jenna turned 4 last week - it is amazing how quickly we've gone from this...

to this!

My mom gave her these cute cards for her birthday and she and I played with them over the weekend.I showed her how to thread yarn through a needle (not easy for a 4 year old...and honestly not so easy for her mom either!), start the stitching and sew from one hole to another. She worked hard at it and had a great time. Later that afternoon, she was hanging out with me in my sewing room and I asked her if she was going to be a quilter some day and she replied "Um, yeah" like there was no question. Makes my heart sing! Thanks Mom for getting another generation started!

Comments

Jen said…
Awww that is awesome!! You know, every year the first day of summer vacation my mom would take me to the craft store to pick out my first summer craft. I always looked forward to that. I remember those lace up cards!!
What a cutie! I remember those cards from when I was a kid and that was a long time ago! How's your son feeling? All better, I hope.
Moneik said…
I love those sewing cards too. Like mother like daughter. She looks so much like you.
Cindy said…
She's definetly a quilter in training.
Linda said…
I remember those sewing cards and love the idea that they still make them. I adore the look of concentration on Jenna's face as she's working.