2016 APQ UFO Challenge List

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How big was that chicken?

The egg is done...and it is big! I didn't measure it after cut, but it is about 20" wide X 36" long! I keep joking that it must have come from a freak mutant chicken.



What I learned from this project:

- I really don't care to work with Thangles. In the future, I plan to try my Triangulations disk to make sheets of 1/2 square trianges...but mostly I think I am going to steer away from them because there are just to many little steps in the process.
- Quilt as you go is kinda fun....I liked being almost done when the top was put together and quilted at the same time. I don't know how often I would attempt this, but for a seasonal table runner, it works.
- Charity batting leftovers from our guild are puffy! I got some leftover batting from someone in my bee and I would never choose this to work with on my domestic or HQ. I think it is some kind of polyester...the guild buys it by the bolt. However, it was a dream to stitch through when stitching down the binding.
- I love the needle I use for stitching down binding!!! I don't know what kind it is because it was given to me one day at bee by a beemate. I will have to follow up with her to find out what kind it is and get some more, as I only have one right now.
- Kits that have lots of options and therefore, lots of leftover fabrics are great! I am planning to make a couple placemats similar to the egg for future years because I have so much left over.
- And, finally, it feels so good to get a UFO done...one less thing in the half-done pile means not feeling too guilty when I start something new!

If I don't blog before then, Happy Easter! The easter bunny in our house has to get to work - after all, we would love to have this kind of enthusiasm again this year!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I have an HQ16 and it does not like puffy, polyester batting. When I do charity quilts I have to swap it out and use my own batting or I'm ready to tear my hair out....