Cincinnati, Continued

We arrived in Cincinnati early afternoon and went north for our first stop to Best Friends Quilt Shop, where I got to meet Jill! It was so neat to meet her in person and the kids have a new best friend in her. She read a story to them and I think she showed them every fabric in the shop with an animal on it! After a short drive, we made it to my cousin, Julie's. We visited her just before Thanksgiving, and the kids had a really good time playing with her Ford cars (Julie works for Ford). Jack walked in, said hi to Julie, and went straight for the cars. Within 15 minutes, he had decided that the truck no longer needed rearview mirrors, so he ripped them both off : (




We tooled around the city in the evening and we all enjoyed the view/park that looks over to the river. Here's me, Julie, and the kids at the overlook...Jack kept trying to crawl up on the ledge and made my mom really nervous! Jenna and Jack loved playing on the playground and feeding some local ducks.



For the next day and a half, it seems that we did lots of eating, shopping, and exploring around the area Julie lives in. I was thrilled to get to stop and shop at The Container Store, one of my favorites that we don't have in Indy. When we departed on Monday morning, both kids were sad to say goodbye...Jenna to Julie and Jack to the cars!


Jenna just worships Julie and it is so very cute. Julie saved us from at least two meltdowns with innovative ideas - she is going to be a great mom in the future! At dinner on Sunday night, Julie taught Jenna a little magic trick, and Jenna remembered it and showed it to Mike on Tuesday afternoon...he was very close to her, but did catch it on video, so you get another video treat! If you can't tell, Frosty is a little hopping bunny...a $2 impulse purchase at The Container Store that has provided hours of entertainment!

The trip home was relatively uneventful...we went north to Waynesville to The Fabric Shack, but I was good and didn't buy a thing. They do have a fabric line that I love, and I plan to be back there later this month when I go to my retreat, so I am going to go through my patterns to find one that will be good with that fabric. In Rushville, we stopped at In Stitches and were there for just a few minutes before her closing time. It was a good break for the kids, as they ran up and down the ramp in her store. I picked up a few things there, but didn't buy too much on the trip overall. A little fabric, a small rotary cutter, a panel with some coordinates, and another purse pattern (when am I ever going to make all these purses?).

Can't wait for my next trip to Cincinnati, as I will be meeting more blogging friends and will be quilting for an entire weekend without kids. I just don't know what I will do with myself, but don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to it!

Comments

Oh, the kids are adorable! I love Jenna's magic trick! And isn't she so pleased with herself for pulling it off?

We will definitely be back to the Fabric Shack when you gals are here! I can't wait! I haven't been in a while!