Ready to Hang!


My Valentines panel is done and ready to hang...now I just have to decide where to put it for the next month. I was very tired on Friday night, but finally convinced myself I had enough energy to put it on the frame so that I would be ready to go when I had time over the weekend. I went down to the basement about 9:30 and didn't come back up again until 11:30 except for one trip to borrow Jenna's magna-doodle so I could practice the quilting design I wanted to use! It went really fast once I started quilting, and I got a second wind, so I just kept going and before I knew it, I was done. I knew as I started that I wanted to do something other than loops, which I'd gotten pretty comfortable with on my last panel. I originally started with the idea of echo quilting the hearts, but I did the first one and it looked horrible, so I ripped that out and went back to the loops for the border.
Once I got to the panel part in the middle, I decided to try topsy-turvy hearts. I practiced them for a bit on the magna doodle, and then just started. I am really pleased with how they came out!
Next up for the HQ16, a charity quilt for my mom....looking forward to it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooh... I love those topsy-turvey hearts. They look great. I'm going to have to try those sometime.
Colleen said…
The topsy-turvey hearts look AWESOME!
Looks great! You did a good job!