Ready for the next holiday!

After taking down decorations from Christmas, the house always seems so bare. This year, I also purged a wreath that hangs above our fireplace, so have left my Christmas picture there because it is so bare...need to work on a rectangular quilt for that space...anyway, I was inspired tonight to start working on something to put up in place of all the Christmas stuff and didn't want to work on anything too complex, so I put together my Valentine's panel top.


It is a panel in the middle with borders and cornerstones (the hearts) and I think it looks really cheery. I got it a few years ago for a steal. I think it was $10 for the panel, borders, and binding. And speaking of binding, I also cut that tonight and it is pressed and ready once I quilt this (that is a miracle, as I usually procrastinate like crazy when it comes to prepping binding). The backing is also from my stash. I will cut the backing and batting tomorrow and hopefully get it on the frame before the end of the week. I love that panels are so quick and so cute, but I really wish that the fabric manufacturers could figure out a way to print them straight!

P.S. I have been thinking about it all week and finally posted my goals for this year. This isn't everything that I plan to do, but these are the major items I would like to accomplish by 12/31/2009. It feels like a lot...but I am up for the challenge!

Comments

That's very cute! And for already having all of it in your stash ... that's bonus points in the Waun-A-Quilt challenge! :)
Renee said…
Your Valentine's Day wall hanging is so cute, I love it!