My Cats

Those who know me well are probably thinking "what does she mean cats? She is a dog person from the word go." Alas, not actual cats...fabric cats. In my bee, we make a block for the hostess each month. The benefit of this is getting to increase our personal skills, discovering some blocks that we didn't know existed previously to someday add to our wish list, and, once per year, getting a set of blocks for our own from the other members.

Barbara was the December hostess and asked us to make cat blocks for a quilt she'll make for her daughter. They are paper pieced, which isn't an issue for me because I love paper piecing (it is sewing on a paper foundation and basically just following the lines). After two cats, I have confirmed my adoration for dogs..but I am happy with the way they turned out. They are not assembled as Barbara has to add some additional fabric. We actually made two blocks for her this year since she was ill last year and didn't have us make one then. The odd piece up to the right of each one is part of the border. She asked us to include all the fabrics we used in our cat in the border as well. If you do love cats, the name of this pattern is #5 Sawtooth Cats. Sorry, but I don't know the designer (if you want the info, just leave me a comment and I will email you the info). This will be the last I see of cats for a while....now dogs, I may have to take on!




Comments