All lined up and ready to go

Christmas gift #2 is now quilted, trimmed, and ready to be bound, and it isn't even Christmas eve yet! It was my second "quilt" on the new frame and I had a really good time with it. I say quilt in quotes because both the first and second are panels. I did loops all around it, then took it off the frame and up to my Janome so I could stitch in the ditch. I hear you can do that on a longarm, but my lines are not anywhere near straight, so I knew it would be faster to do on my other machine. Once I finished that, I cut binding for it, Do you see what I see, and the first panel I did on the HQ16. I got them all put together and wrapped onto toilet paper rolls so they are ready to put on. Hopefully I will have time to do that tonight or tomorrow, and then I will have the hand sewing part ready to go, and that is easy to take along or do when the kids are playing.

My only issue on the HQ16 this time was thread breaking. I was, admittedly, using a cheap thread (Essential Thread from Connecting Threads), so I think that was the primary issue. I probably had a dozen breaks across the panel, and it definitely underscores for me the value of using a better thread....next item on my wish list!

Comments