September Progress

It has taken me a few days to get to this post. We had visitors from Finland this week and had a great time with them. Our family had an exchange student, Johan, when I was a sophmore in high school and he fit into our family so well. I've been lucky enough to visit him twice in Helsinki and he came here for my brother's wedding 9 years ago. This time, his parents sailed across the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 and spent some time in New York before making a quick trip to Indiana. Jenna and Jack had a good time with Kaj and Riita and I will post the pictures of the neat gifts they brought the kids as soon as I take them.

Sewing started off really well this month, then waned as the new TV season started! However, my cross-stitch has picked up quite a bit over the last two weeks and I am nearing completion on the two projects I am working on there.

Following are my accomplishments during the September:
- Jolene Star table topper top completed (picture after I quilt and bind it)
- Sara's quilt top finished and backing fabric purchased
- 3 baby gifts completed - fabric book, 2 blankets

- 2 headbands for my friend's daughters
- Log Cabin block for the Quilters in Indiana block lottery (green and cream log cabin...can't find that I took a picture of this, but I sure thought I did...hmmmm)
- Patchwork illusions - now called "Do you see what I see" - top completed
- 2 buck-a-blocks (now I am only three behind)
- Mom's block for our bee
- Pillowcase for Cooper for his 5th birthday
- Babydoll bib for Jenna's baby
All that in 21 hours of sewing this month.
My goals for October are:
- Free motion quilting/quilting - I have four quilts that need to be quilted, so I want to make good progress on them this month. Two are christmas themed and I want to give them well before the holiday, one is Sara's quilt (thanks to those who gave me good ideas on how to quilt it), and then Do you see what I see.
- Quilters in Indiana block lottery block
- Bee block(s) for Kathy and potentially Suzie
- Start something new
- Work on my last UFO for this year - a mystery quilt that wasn't working for me, so I am winging it and trying to fix it into something I like.

I will also try to be better about taking pictures and blogging this month.

Comments