Little bits of progress

I haven't posted about sewing for a while, but am working on finishing up projects this month. I have taken on mostly small things that just need to get done and have finished quite a few so far. I worked tonight on another one with my mom here. It is so nice to sew with her...but the time really flies! Especially since I have to be up and at 'em in the morning to get to work on time.

Here are a few of the blocks I have completed recently...this one is for a member of one of my online groups who is in the Navy and currently deployed. 20 from our group are making red, white, and blue blocks and sending them to another member who will put a quilt top together. She will be starting on it soon, and I will link to it when finished. Mine is the Africa star from Carol Doak's Mariners Compass book.



I also finished making my blocks for the Quilters in Indiana block lottery the other night and they have been sent away to Rhonda, the winner this month. She already has received about 20 blocks and I can't wait to see what she does with them. They are so much fun...and I really like the red, white, and black color combo, so may have to do something with those colors.


Tonight, I was multi-tasking....trimming up blocks to 12 1/2" for a lap quilt that will be finished sometime in the next 2 years, and making some pillowcases that will be sent off to a friend soon. Not going to post pictures or say anymore about that now...but will share after she has them. I was remarking to my mom tonight how I remember making my first 2 pillowcases, and how it was so hard and took me all day! Now, I do them late at night after a full day at work because they are so easy! Progress feels just great.

Well, I should head to bed now....I guess I am still a little overtired from 2 weeks of watching the Olympics way too late...I just tried to put hairspray instead of toothpaste on my toothbrush! I caught myself just in time!

Comments

Gina said…
Love your blocks. Heathers quilt is going to be fabulous.

Love and hugs Gina xxx