Blasted Goals!

In general, I am a very goal oriented person. So it really bothers me when I set out to do something but don't accomplish it regardless of the reasons...which is why I am a little pessimistic this late in June about my June quilting goals. So far, I have only completed one of them! I worked feverishly tonight on another project, so hope that I can get it done and out of the way by Monday so that I can mark that one off my list! I have done at least a little work on everything on the list, and I think I have spent a good amount of time in my sewing room this month. Only one new project took me awry and one afternoon when I had time and energy to sew but not a working machine. I cut out some fabric for a new project that afternoon, so while it was fun...it didn't point me in the right direction.

The one item that I did finish this month is a paper-pieced block of the month for an online group I am a member of. I really like the result and really like that I now have 9 of the 12 months complete (with only 1 month behind schedule) for the finished quilt. I will be excited to get the last two patterns over the next two months and put a final quilt together later in the year. Here's a preview - the Carol Doak June block of the Month.


Comments

Moneik said…
Great Job! I really need to catch up on the CDoak block of the month. I got the first few months done and then wedding stuff took priority and I haven't worked on it since, but I do love it.