February 2023 Recap

I don't know where the start of the year has gone - it seems like the first few months have flown by and here we are almost to the middle of March - is it just me or is time flying for everyone? Maybe some of it has to do with my daughter's senior year. 

February was busy and fun - it included some stitching, a tiny bit of quilting, a district music competition (gold medal!), a trip to the theater (Hairspray!) and our Girl Scout troop's last cookie booth. 


On the stitching side, I continued to work on my FFO Challenge, with a goal to get moving on my FFOs. The two projects picked for the month (a la WIPGO) were a new style of finish and something I'd already started to FFO. I had a few others in progress as the month started and wound up with 6 FFOs for February! Here they are:  

Cardinal with Candy Cane, finished as a pillow ornament
Stitched on 28 ct. Slate by Picture this Plus with called for threads
Fabric from my stash
Stitched and FFOed in 2023 (!!)

Love, freebie from Scarlett House
Stitched on Aqua dyed-by-me fabric with a mix of called for and substituted threads
Finished with stash fabric and chenille from my stash
Stitched in 2021 


Give Thanks by Hands of Design, stitched on 
32 ct. Pumpkin linen with called for colors
Finished as a pillow with stash fabric, covered button and Lady Dot chenille
Stitched in 2021
WIPGO #11 - something I already started to FFO


Snow White by Little House Needleworks
Stitched on mystery navy linen with B5200
Framed at my local Michael's
Stitched in 2019

Lady Liberty by unknown designer 
Stitched on kit light blue Aida with kit threads
Finished as a standup with Perle Cotton cording that I made
Stitched in 2017
WIPGO #7 - a new style of finish

Bee Extraordinary by Shepherd's Bush
Stitched on 10ct. kit fabric with kit threads
Finished as a pillow with stash fabric and stash mini-poms
Stitched in 2012 (my oldest unfinished piece!)

I am really pleased with all I got done in February - there are two more pieces at the framer that should come back in March and I can't wait to see both of them. I am making good progress on my list and only had one finished piece to add to it this month. 

Can Do Attitude freebie from Silver Creek Samples
Stitched on 32 ct. Blue Linen (and pretty see-through linen as you can see!)
with my own color conversion

On the quilting front, I cut out fabric from stash for a new project and loaded a long-time UFO onto my frame. I also added some fabric for the background of the new project. 

Batiks cut for the new project

Overall, even though it was a fast month, it was a good one! Here are the stats for the month. 

Stitching time report with Kate at Life In Pieces:

Days with at least 15 minutes of stitching = 26/28 = 93%

Stash Reporting with Donna at quiltpaintcreate:

Fabric used this month: 3/4 yard
Fabric added this month: 1 1/2 yards
Fabric used year to date: 3 7/8 yards
Fabric added year to date: 1 1/2 yards
Net fabric used: 2 3/8 yards

Unfinished Project Tracking: 

42 stitched items waiting to be FFO'ed (down 5 from Jan)
9 quilt UFOs waiting to be finished (same as Jan)

Comments

You had a most productive month, Jennifer. Each one of your finished finishes is a beauty. Well done! This year is moving along like the speeding train of last year. Have a wonderful week!
Kate said…
Sounds like you had a lot going on besides stitching last month. It's hard to pick a finish from our FFOs, but I really like that cardinal and your Love pillow. Congrats on all the progress last month. Hopefully you've been able to keep up the momentum this month.
Carol said…
Wow! So many beautiful finishes for February, Jennifer! I think my favorite is Give Thanks--just love the colors you used in finishing it. That cardinal pillow caught my eye, too--so pretty! I'm sure it must be strange coming to these "lasts" with your daughter, but at least you'll still have your son's activities for a while. When our youngest left for college, it really left us at loose ends! Enjoy these very special last few months with her at home ♥