February is for FFO!

Remember back in January when I said my goal was to post a couple times a month? Haha, that didn't last long, did it? Well, I am going to try to get back on track for a moment at least. I have three finished stitching projects to share today - two of them are really old and one is really new! 

Let's start with the old ones - I stitched these in my early days living in Indianapolis once I found the cross stitch shop in Zionsville, a suburb about 10 minutes from my first apartment. I had never done any counted canvas/needlepoint so signed up for a few classes - these may have been a few months apart or a year apart, I don't recall anymore. I stitched both of these pieces - if I didn't finish them in class, they were done shortly thereafter and then promptly put in the very bottom of my very small container that had all my cross-stitch supplies (oh, that was a few years ago when everything fit in one small container!). Well, recently that same shop has gotten a new finisher and she needed a few small needlepoint pieces to practice on and I had the perfect solution! So I turned in my pieces and she did her magic with them - I am so happy with these two ornaments! I have no idea the patterns, fabric, threads that were used - I got nothing! 

Mystery needlepoint project #1

Mystery needlepoint project #2

My third stitching FFO for the month was of my own hands. I stitched this gorgeous Ink Circles piece as a shop model for that same shop - Persnickety Stitchers. The pattern is Blue Velvet and it is stitched on 32 ct. Silvery Moon Lugana with Caron Wildflowers in the colorway Twilight. This project was honestly a bit of a slog for me until I got over the halfway point when I could see the mirror image. It was so easy to stitch on it after that and I finished it up in mid-January. I wandered around several stores looking for the right finishing piece - I wanted a clean finish that really showed off the stitching and I found this piece at Hobby Lobby in the beach decor (or maybe the family decor). I am so happy with the finish and now can't wait to work on my next Ink Circles piece! 

Well, that's all for the stitching FFOs this month - I'll be back (hopefully tomorrow) to share a couple additional finishes for the month and a very exciting quilt finish - along with the February accounting.  

Comments

Three beautiful finishes, Jennifer! I am glad your counted canvas ornaments are in finished form so you can enjoy them when the holidays roll around. Love the fabric and thread combination of the Ink Circles piece. Happy Sunday!
Laura said…
Nice finishes! Who cares if they are old, they deserved to be finished and loved. I think you are smart to use a finisher for needlepoint. My experience in needlepoint finishing was a disaster. The canvas unraveled, and all my work was lost! I have a couple of NP ornaments hanging around here, but finishing is very expensive here, and I'd rather spend my money having quilts longarmed (which is also expensive!).
Carol said…
The new finisher did a wonderful job on both of your older ornaments, Jennifer. Isn't it fun to discover old pieces tucked away? I recently came across several of mine and am making an attempt to frame/finish them and get them out on display. Your Ink Circles piece is beautiful--love the simple frame and the gorgeous colors!

I, too, try to post twice a month. So far, so good for 2022... we'll see how the year goes :)

Enjoy your week, Jennifer! ♥
Moneik said…
You had some awesome finishes! Great job on getting those older objects into finished objects.