2022 Goals and Plans

It's that time of year to actually write down my plans and goals before I forget them (like I did last year!). Overall, 2021 was a very good year for me craft-wise and many of my goals are to continue similarly to be able to say the same thing at the end of 2022. 

For our family, this will be a busy year, as 2022 will end with my daughter completing college applications! I am not sure how that spunky 2-year old is more than halfway through her high school years. She will likely be heading far away from home, so this year will probably include one or two trips to visit schools. She's not set on a major yet, but is exploring a few based on her great experiences with theater and journalism in high school. She also says that being a teacher is still on her list, so we'll see how the college prep goes. My son plans to run track this spring and play tennis again in the fall, and we are looking forward to cheering him on in these endeavors. Our Girl Scout troop is planning an east-coast trip in the summer and I am looking forward to showing them some of my favorite places. 

On to the craft-related goals...

1. Continue 

  • Filming Two Tall Stitchers Flosstube with my mom
  • Posting Sunday Morning Stitching. If you are someone who stitches (with any kind of needle) on Sunday morning and have an Instagram account, please join me by tagging #sundaymorningstitching on your posts
  • Tracking number of days with at least 15 minutes of crafting time
  • Tracking stats for stash reporting and stitching finishes and FFOs

2. Make good progress on Inspirational Stitches for Young Women - I would like to have at least 7 or 8 complete by the end of this year. I have two done now. 

3. Take some time to cull through fabric and patterns (stitching and quilting) and divest myself of those that no longer interest me, or that I've made already and don't plan to make again. 

4. Finish one and make good progress on another gift quilt for friends. 

5. Homemade Holiday - plan for and use the year to make gifts for Christmas - I always think of things to make in the weeks leading up to the holidays and by then, it's really too late, so I want to be more intentional about making gifts through the year. 

I think that's a good list to keep me grounded for the year - I am sure other things will come up and I will roll along with them when they do.  Let me know in a comment what your plans or goals for the year are - I'd love to hear about your focus as well. 

Comments

Your plans sound good, Jennifer. My lists are drafted, and I am excited about the gifts I plan on stitching this year. I have two types of gift lists -- one for birthdays/RAKs and one for Christmas. Have a great January!
Carol said…
These are wonderful goals, Jennifer! I really can't believe your daughter is ready to start to apply to colleges--amazing! The years just fly by, don't they?

I'm not a goal maker when it comes to stitching other than doing my ornament each month. I just stitch what I want, when I want and don't usually have more than 2-3 projects going on at the same time. I can't handle lots of WIPS--it makes my mind anxious. Just like seeing a cluttered house does--ha ha!

Wishing you a creative and fun year with your quilting, cross-stitching, and crocheting! ♥
Kate said…
It sounds like a reasonable set of goals for the year. Hope you have lots of time for stitching this year. Good luck on the college screenings and applications. That's a lot of work. Our college girl just finished all of her graduate school applications. Now we wait.
Judy Hansen said…
Your goals sound good for 2022. I remember the years when the kids were looking at colleges, and were in sports. Enjoy the process, as the time does fly by. My goals in 2022 are to get each UFO out and work on it a little bit. They will then be WIPs and I'll have no more UFOs. Seriously, some of them are almost finished, and 2022 will be a great year to finish them.
Angie said…
Thank you, Jennifer for mentioning your blog in the latest YouTube video with your mom. I really enjoy reading blogs, so added yours to my reading. Your plans sound great! My plans include finishing three UFO projects from when I was cross-stitching back in the 90s. I have 13 WIPs begun in the past year to work on, but none with deadlines. I'm looking forward to working on whichever one strikes my fancy this year, since most of last year's finishes were all on a deadline...and I believe I finished 18 projects last year, though a couple still need to be FFO'd. Enjoy the college visiting time! Six years ago, we went to Tennessee and here in Washington state for our son's top two choices. Fun times!