Let's start with the stitching projects - I finished three new items this month, and FFO'ed (fully finished) two more.
Snow Place 2 was my first finish - this is the second in the 5-part Country Cottage Needleworks Snow Place Like Home series that I am stitching this year. It is stitched with mostly called for colors (I did change the blue to a needle necessities color) on a mystery 28 count linen.
|The first two parts of Snow Place Like Home|
Next up was a cute Easter project - I had a heck of a time getting these three bunnies to behave, so there was a lot of pulling out and re-stitching - but in the end, I am very happy with the result. I stitched this on a 28 count Jacquard banding with a mix of called for and on-hand colors. I have an idea on how I want to finish this one so that it can be displayed on my mantel next Easter.
|Pillow Wrap by Val's Stuff|
The third finish was my Christmas ornament for the month - this one is from the 2011 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments magazine and is by Brittercup Designs - you might recognize the cute kitty who shows up in their designs. I used colors I had on hand and changed the kitty to grey to match ours.
|Christmas Cat Tree by Brittercup Designs|
I also spent an afternoon sewing with my mom and focused on fully finishing two items - the first was my Where Liberty Dwells piece from Hands on Designs - it came with red velveteen, which I used to make it into a pillow. The second finish is my February ornament - Santa from a Doodles kit - I purchased a 4" hoop, which I wrapped in fabric. Add a ribbon for hanging and a wonky bow, and it's ready for the tree!
On the quilting side, I continued to work on a project started last month. I finished up this top and it went together really well - I really enjoyed using the Fit to be Geese ruler to get accurate pieces. I hope to get this one quilted soon so that it will be ready to hang by the summer - I think the colors in this Australian hand-dyed fabric just radiate the warmth of summer.
|Mini Fit to be Geese Top|
Now onto the reports:
Stitching time with Kate - I was able to get in some stitching, quilting, or crochet every day of the month - 31/31 days
Stash Reporting with QuiltPaintCreate - The stash saw a few additions for the binding of my son's quilt (which I shared in this post) and a piece of koala fabric so cute I couldn't leave it behind. My stash usage included most of the binding fabric and a little bit for the mini Fit to be Geese top.
Fabric added year to date: 7 3/4 yards
Fabric used this month: 7/8 yard
Fabric used year to date: 14 3/8 yards
Net fabric used: 6 5/8 yards
Hope you enjoyed seeing the new projects and the finishes on the older ones. I'll be back in a few weeks to share with you again.