A great weekend for Cross-stitch

I did a lot of stitching in January - between stay-at-home and colder weather, I had lots of time to dedicate to needle and thread. As luck would have it, I finished 3 of the 4 pieces I worked on during the month in the same weekend! In fairness, I was pretty close on the first two before the weekend, so it wasn't that much of a stretch. 

The first finish is a project that I selected to be my 2021 series piece. I picked up all five pieces of the Little House Needleworks pattern Snow Place a few years ago and always planned to stitch them in one piece. I dug through the stash over the holidays and found a piece of linen that would work. I got started on it Jan 2 and was missing one thread color (Ladybug). I stitched as far as I could and didn't think I would get the thread for a January finish, but it arrived late in the month and I finished it right up. I love the first "block" and look forward to getting start on the next one. This looks to be stitched on a piece of Zweigart, but I don't know the colorway as it was in a bag of goodies from a friend. Most of the colors are called for, but I switched out the blues for a really pretty blue Needle Necessities thread in my stash - and I am so glad I did - I love the variegation in it. 



Later the same day, I finished up my second piece of the weekend - this is Animal Friends - August from Tiny Modernist. My birthday is in August and I rarely find things that say August that I like - but this was the exception - I love the little critters and the tent in the mountains. This is stitched with all the called for DMC colors on a piece of Wichelt Forget-me-not (very light blue) Aida. I stretched myself on this piece and tried to stitch with the sewing method - it was nice in the areas where I was stitching a long rows, but not quite as good in the detailed areas - I think that most of the time, I will stick with using a hoop or frame. 

On Sunday, I had a start and finish during my normal Sunday Morning Stitching - this is an ornament from the 2007 Just Cross Stitch Magazine - pattern by Lizzie Kate (one of my favorites!). It was such a fun and quick stitch and I have an idea for how I will finish it too. The original pattern had some hearts below the word, but I thought with the petit point fabric, it didn't need those. I used all the called for colors on this 32 count linen. 

What a great month to finish three pieces in the same weekend! I also did some FFO (fully finished object) work the same weekend and I got three of my 12 Lizzie Kate monthly pieces finished - I will mount them on the same chalkboard as soon as I get some magnets so they are easy to change out. I did chuckle at myself that I finished them all at the end of the last month of the three I did! My plan is to get all 12 fully finished this year. Not sure I will be creative enough to do all 12 bows differently, but please let me know if you have some ideas I can use for variety! 

Hope you enjoyed this month's stitching! 


Comments

Awesome finished finishes and finishes, Jennifer! It looks like you had a very productive month with needle and thread. Hope your February has gotten off to a good start!
Laura said…
Great finishes!
Beth said…
I looooove those finishes! The three months are fantastic!
Carol said…
What a successful stitching month for you, Jennifer! That little house is SUCH a pretty color! A really nice piece for January... The Tiny Modernist woodland scene is darling is that marshmallow roasting bear?! I have never been able to get used to the sewing method so I still stitch the traditional way, but I stitch in hand. I just don't like the extra weight of a hoop or Q-snaps.

Love the LK on the dotted fabric. I have some of that fabric in both gray and natural--really need to give it a try! Great job on your three LK monthly pieces, too--I hope February is just as productive for you. Have a great Sunday, Jennifer ♥
Between your stitching pics and Judy L.'s and all of the ones on the IG, I am starting to get the itch to do some of my own stitching. Great pieces and finishes!!
Kate said…
Congrats on all the progress in January. All of these stitcheries are really cute and fun. My favorite is the Snow Place House. The weather in February should be really conductive to more stitching time, it's too cold to do much else.