September 2020 Stats

I am always a little unsure when I do a mid-month blog post that there will be anything else to share by the end of the month, especially when I have such a good start to the month. Don't worry though, it worked out ok! 

I did a lot of stitching this month, but only had one finish, my monthly block from the Stitchingly Blocks of the Month SAL. I enjoyed stitching the Oktoberfest piece as it reminded me of our trip to Oktoberfest 10 years ago (for our 10th anniversary trip). I made good progress on three other projects, so expect to have more finishes coming soon.

I also had a little fun doing some more finishing. One piece is still in progress but the other one is complete, minus a bow or two. I stitched this piece called Autumn Colorwork in 2016, and I was so thrilled to find it would fit perfectly in this decoration I picked up at Hobby Lobby - you can see what it looked like when I bought it below. Thanks to Priscilla and Chelsea, I am walking around the craft stores with all new eyes for ways to finish things. 

On the quilting front, I had two projects that I worked on through the rest of the month. The first is a kit that I purchased 5 years ago in Hawaii (during our 15th anniversary trip) - I decided to start working on it when my mom and I got together at the beginning of the month. I finished up the cutting and fusing, and got it quilted before the month ended. I just need to bind it now and can't wait to hang it next summer. Here's a sneak peek and I will share a full picture when it is all finished. 


My last project for the month was my Global Day of Service project for work. Each year, the company dedicates a day for all employees to participate in service projects in the communities in which we work. With Covid, the plans were a little different this year - we had walkathons, blood drives, and thankfully, a mask making project! I made two kits of masks (about 60 total) for American Red Cross. 
I really enjoyed using my talents for this project and helped a few friends along the way, as it was a little bit harder project for part-time sewers. They provided the fabric, elastic, and even a spool of aurifil thread! Here I am about to drop mine off. 

It was a great month overall and I have some good stats as a result - here they are: 

Stash Report - linking up with Donna at QuiltPaintCreate
Fabric added this month: 1 yard (a really cute print that will be used for some presents)
Fabric used this month: 7 3/4 yards
Fabric added year to date: 4 7/8 yards
Fabric added year to date: 63 1/4 yards
Net fabric used: 58 3/8 yards

Stitching time report - linking up with Kate at Life in Pieces
Days with at least 15 minutes of crafting - 26/30 = 87% 

Hope you had a good month - October is shaping up to be fun as my mom and I are heading away for a few days and then going to our retreat, which is still on with fewer people, more social distancing, and masks. Right now, I have a pile of projects downstairs so I just need to decide which ones to take along. Lots of decisions and you'll see the result next time! 

Comments

Well done on your month, Jennifer! I think that is great that your work provides a community service day for its employees; I bet the masks were greatly appreciated. Your stitch finish looks super. I love the turtle quilt top you are creating. Enjoy your time away with your Mom and the retreat you are attending.
Laura said…
Thanks for making masks. They are so important. Now if we could just get everyone to wear one!
Kate said…
Lots of progress on multiple fronts. Love the October fest stitchery. Hopefully October will be as productive. Enjoy your girls trip and the retreat.