Easter Goodies

We had a nice, quiet Easter at home last weekend, which we do most years as we aren't really church-goers. The days of kids waking up and sprinting around the house hopped up on Easter candy have pretty much gone, as we now have teenagers who wander down mid-morning, take one look at the baskets, say "cool" and keep going toward the kitchen! For years, they used to dump their baskets on their heads and laugh and laugh. I asked them to do it this year and was met with eye rolls :) 

Late in March, I dug through all my finished stitching pieces and pulled out all the Easter/spring related ones. If you've been here for any amount of time, you know that fully-finishing my pieces is not my strong suit, but I decided that, with all the time in the world these days, I needed to finish up a few of these pieces! 

I bought the hanger to finish this one about a year ago and knew all along that I wanted to finish it as a bell pull. Thanks to the easy instructions from Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher, it went together quickly. It is a little crooked as I just couldn't get the stitching to lay straight, but I am still enjoying it in my kitchen. As you can see from the date, I stitched this one in 2017 - not too bad, only three years to finish it! 
Primitive Egg
The second finish is a cube, also from instructions at The Twisted Stitcher. I've made several cubes and really like how they look and how easy they are to store. This one is a little busier than I usually do with the dual ribbon, but I think the colors really pop. I love that rich blue that's in the stitching and brought out in the ribbon. This one is finished with a pink/white check that was deep in my fabric stash. It's the perfect color to go with the bunny ears and noses. This one was stitched in 2018, so only two years! 
Topsy Turvy Bunnies
My third finish isn't an FFO, but is my monthly stitch from the Stitchingly Months of the Year SAL. I loved the bright colors again this month, and it seemed to go quite quickly with stitching time almost every evening in April. 

I have two more spring/Easter projects in my basement to be FFO'ed and may get to them yet this month. I have the items needed pulled for both of them - one will be a "framed" piece and the other a pillow. I will just see what strikes my fancy to work on when I head down to the basement later today or tomorrow. 

Hope you all had a nice Easter and see you again around the start of May! 

Comments

Well done on getting your stitches turned into finished form, Jennifer! I really like the design you stitched and turned into a bellpull. Your monthly stitch is darling. Way to go!
Laura said…
Congratulations on the finishes!
Carol said…
I'm glad to see you are finishing some of your pretty stitching, Jennifer! I am pretty good at finishing my small pieces within a reasonable amount of time, it's the bigger framed pieces that I really procrastinate on. I have never made either a bellpull or a cube so you are ahead of me in that department :) Both turned out very cute and the bright colors in your monthly piece are so cheerful and perfect for spring.

Had to laugh at the kids rolling their eyes when you asked them to dump their baskets on their heads like they used to do--I remember those days SO well :)

Hope your work from home is going well--I can't imagine!
Kate said…
Congrats on all the finishes! Hope you've been able to finish the last two this week. I do miss the Easter Egg hunts, but at least the college girl still likes getting an Easter basket. She wants coffee before she looks through it unlike when she was little, the first thing she wanted was to decide which piece of candy she got the have before breakfast. Times change, but the memories of what was last.