February 2020

I am so happy to be writing this post as I look out on a sunny, warm day that almost feels like spring! February had a few of those days too, and I also headed south for a quick trip so had a few nice sunny days that I enjoyed in Feb too. Between work and kids, I didn't have quite as much craft time as I did in January, but I am still pleased with what was able to work on and finish. 

I had my first finish for February on the first weekend - I finished this cute little project from Lizzie Kate, in the Winter leaflet. It is a great one for our family, as we all like to ski. I will probably finish this into a cube (someday!!) and it will be great to put out after all the holiday decorations come down and the house looks empty. 
Next up on the stitching front was my Stichingly Months of the Year SAL - for February, we had a beautiful heart. I love the vibrant colors and think it looks really nice next to January.
February section for Stitchingly SAL
January and February together
Down in the basement, I was inspired to pull out another UFO and get it quilted. I found the perfect fabric in my stash for the back and decided to invest some time in custom quilting the letters in this one. It came together thanks to the inspiration in the book (Alphabet Quilts by Julie Herman). I pulled a batik that complements the letters for the binding and got it all done just before Valentine's Day. I've enjoyed having it on my dining room table since then. 
Close ups of each letter
The end of the month had me stitching on a few new projects, and working on (but not finishing) orange scrap blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 

Here are the official stats for February: 
Fabric added this month: 0 yards
Fabric used this month: 1/2 yard
Fabric added year to date: 0 yards 
Fabric used year to date: 1 1/4 yards

I am planning to work on a little bigger UFO in March, so hopefully I will get those numbers moving a little more. 

For crafting time, I managed to find at least 15 minutes to stitch, crochet, or quilt on 17 days of the month. I started off really strongly at the first third of the month, but then evening meetings or events got in the way. Even so, that keeps my record at 59% for the month and I can live with that. 

I also struggled to get in as much exercise time in February, but I still had 2 weeks with at least 90 minutes of exercise. I've found that if I get in a few good walks on the weekend, I can usually make it, but when the weekends are busy, I struggle to find enough time during the week. One week, I was only 10 minutes short, so I am still doing well at getting some exercise in even when I can't meet my goal. 

Looking ahead to the rest of March and hoping to be back with a few more updates for you this month if I can keep myself motivated and work doesn't get in the way too much! Hope you're having a great day and have been able to find a few minutes to craft.

Linking up with Kate at Life in Pieces and Donna at Quiltpaintcreate

Comments

Laura said…
I celebrate every little finish!

It is hard to get out and exercise when you are so busy. I struggle with that too. Warmer weather will make it easier for me.
Jennifer, the Love table runner is gorgeous. Glad you finished it and have been enjoying it on your table! Your ski stitch and the monthly block look super. Have a great week!
Kate said…
Sounds like life hasn't slowed down any. The table runner turned out beautifully and both your stitchery projects turned out beautifully too. Safe travels this month. As Covid-19 has spread, the company has been restricting our travel. Good luck with your stitchy plans this month.
Marti said…
I thought I commented on this but I guess not. I love the needlework and would love to make a quilt with those patchwork LOVE letters.
Carol said…
Love your LOVE runner, Jennifer! I still don't see how you do all you do with work, travel and a family--amazing! It's so nice that you can travel so easily with your stitching--love the February heart finish and I look forward to watching this grow.

And some exercise is better than none. I've learned to fit in even 15 minutes here and there and it really adds up :)

Hope your March is a good one ♥