May 2019 Wrap-up

May 2019 was a great month - very busy, but lots going on and I participated in StitchMaynia again this year. StitchMaynia is done many different ways, but the most common is to have 1 start per day in May (and stitch every day).  Last year, I started 18 project in the first 18 days of the month (for 2018). Over the past year, I've worked on finishing them and completed all but 1 before this May. I also have the project that I started before Maynia last year, so I decided to focus this year on just three projects - the one Maynia start not yet finished, the pre-Maynia start, and my monthly Lizzie Kate Flip-It. I switched projects about once a week - not methodically, but just when I felt like switching up what I was working on. 
2019 StitchMaynia Projects
I am pleased to share that I finished two of the three - my May flip-it and Cozy In, a Mill Hill kit. I made good progress on Bloom, the third piece, as well. I stitched 25/31 days - some days just for a few minutes, but it was great to put so much focus on the stitching. 
May Flip-it
Cozy In (complete with beads)
Bead close-up
On the quilting side, I did almost all of my quilting for the month at my retreat - I did quilt Square Dance before retreat, and I worked on a t-shirt quilt a little the last two weeks. The t-shirt quilt is on my "12 Things" list for the year, and it is for a co-worker, so I want to get that finished soon. 

My stash report is pretty good for May since I focused on sewing up existing projects at retreat and I resisted the urge to buy pretty new fabric. My only addition is 1/2 yard of challenge fabric for the next challenge. With all that I got done and some fabric I sold at the sale table, I more than doubled my amount used for the year! 

Fabric added this month: 1/2 yard
Fabric used this month: 9 3/8 yards
Fabric added year to date: 3 3/4 yards
Fabric used year to date: 18 3/4 yards

Net fabric used: 15 yards! 

I crafted 26/31 days this month for 84% crafty days. Most of those were cross stitch days due to Maynia. 

Hope you had a great May and are having a good start to June! 

I am linking up with Kate at Life in Pieces and quiltpaintcreate for Stash Sunday

Comments

Beth said…
I'm so impressed you finished almost all of last year's Maynia starts before this year's Maynia! I am not sure that others are as successful!
Good for you on what you accomplished during this year's version of Maynia! Congratulations on your finishes and the progress made on the third stitch! Enjoy your week and wishing you a fabulous crafting month of June.
Susan said…
The little flip-it is so cute. I don't do xs, but I admire those who do. Congratulations on your finishes, and your fabric stash use. That's great! Have another wonderful month of stitching.
Kate said…
Very cute stitching projects. Congrats on the great stash management last month and on finding time to stitch. That's always challenging. Hope this month goes even better. Sorry to be so late on the follow up. Thanks for linking up to the 15 minutes to stitch post.
Carol said…
I think your way of doing Stitch Maynia would be more my cup of tea, Jennifer. I know having 19 projects going at once would drive me crazy :) Great job on finishing the two--they are both very cute. Especially like Cozy In... And the cute little spade charm on May is perfect! I look forward to seeing what June brings your way :)