Stash Reports - Weeks 16-17, 2015

Over the last two weeks, I have continued to work on going through my stash and pulling out the stuff i don't love to cut up into fat quarters for our guild show mystery bags. All I can say at this point is that the bags are going to have some very interesting fabrics in them - some people will love and some they will just say "Hmmm" to. Here's the latest - my spoils from last night, when I worked through two bins of black floral/black and white/grey and one bin of green.  



I really thought that I would pull out much less by the time I got to the color bins, but I am finding lots of good gems in there too, so that makes the stash report really sing! 

In addition to that, I have used a little stash for projects over the past two weeks - a binding and some headbands for  my daughter. For the headbands, I use Dana's tutorial at Old Red Barn and it works really well. I also use this pattern for myself and use my headband at yoga. 

I also made a quilt back for one of my UFOs.  I have another quilt loaded onto the frame right now, but plan to get to this one next. I want to have it finished in time for our guild show this fall. 

Here's the final accounting: 
Fabric added last two weeks: 0 yards
Fabric used last two weeks: 34 yards (29 for the donation fat quarters)

Fabric added year to date: 3 3/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 79 5/8 yards
Net fabric used: 76 1/4 yards

Hope you're getting in time to work on some fun projects! I'll be headed down to the basement later today to work on something...wherever the wind takes me! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
great numbers! Congrats! ~Melanie