Stash Report - Weeks 42-43 2013

Whew, the last couple weeks have just flown by! Between prepping for the quilt show, going on retreat, and going to the quilt show yesterday, I haven't spent much time in my sewing room, but I have deposited a lot of things in the room....and this morning had a goal to work on my cutting table, which looked like this when I started. Yikes! 

Once I got things unpacked and sorted, I could put together the set of things that I won or got from giveaways at the retreat. It was quite a haul!  Everyone there got at least one door prize (I won two) and two of the local shops had goodies for us when we arrived.  As a result, I added some fabric to my stash without even trying. 
Retreat prizes & giveaways
Then, I started trying :)  We visited Lolly's, their basement store, Yoder's, the Pumpkinvine (in nearby Middlebury), and Erica's in South Bend over the course of 4 days.  I showed great restraint at the beginning, but by the end....well, let's just say I did my part to support small business!  I did stay away from fabric for the most part.  The red 1/4 yard is binding for one of the projects I finished while on retreat.  The fat quarter set was 1/2 price, and the laminates will be used for Christmas presents.  I went a little crazy with patterns and am excited to try the three on the top right with the curve ruler I bought. I don't usually go for specialty rulers, but the quilts were so striking, I decided to give it a go. 
Retreat purchases
I'll be back soon to show you what I worked on while at retreat. In the meantime, let's review the impact on stash over the last two weeks: 

Fabric used last 2 weeks: 6 3/4 yards
Fabric added last 2 weeks: 7 yards

Fabric added year to date: 21 7/8 yards
Fabric used year to date: 69 5/8 yards

Net fabric used: 47 3/4 yards

Hope you've been having some fun with your stash too - whether you've been adding to it or using what you already have! 

Comments