Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
All this in just an hour...it is motivating to see what you can get done even with just a little snippet of time...now off to read myself to sleep!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Next up for the HQ16, a charity quilt for my mom....looking forward to it!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
It is a panel in the middle with borders and cornerstones (the hearts) and I think it looks really cheery. I got it a few years ago for a steal. I think it was $10 for the panel, borders, and binding. And speaking of binding, I also cut that tonight and it is pressed and ready once I quilt this (that is a miracle, as I usually procrastinate like crazy when it comes to prepping binding). The backing is also from my stash. I will cut the backing and batting tomorrow and hopefully get it on the frame before the end of the week. I love that panels are so quick and so cute, but I really wish that the fabric manufacturers could figure out a way to print them straight!
P.S. I have been thinking about it all week and finally posted my goals for this year. This isn't everything that I plan to do, but these are the major items I would like to accomplish by 12/31/2009. It feels like a lot...but I am up for the challenge!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
These are the things I finished this month:
- Quilting completed on Do You See What I See, binding made, machine stitched on, started hand sewing it down.
- Made 4 labels with my mom's label program, sewed on one of them.
- Made 3 fabric baskets, which I thought I took a picture of, but can't find anywhere. One went to my SIL for Christmas, one to my mom for her b-day, and I am keeping the third. This was a very fun project and I plan to make more. I was pointed to this tutorial to make them. I made them with denim instead of linen because I had it handy and I did like it.
- Quilted baby animal print on HQ16, made binding for it.
- Quilted map panel, made binding, and bound in 3 days! This was a Christmas gift for my nephews.
- Embroidered 4 towels for child care teachers.
- Made three rice bags from this tutorial - kept one (and LOVE it!), gifted one to my MIL, and gifted one to my dad.
I am thinking on some goals for the year, which I will probably post on a sidebar, but this month, I would like to:
- Finish binding Do You See What I See before my guild meeting.
- Start and finish Valentine's wall hanging.
- Complete blocks for the Quilters in Indiana block lottery and my bee.
- Decide on a UFO to finish for a Quilters in Indiana challenge.
That should be enough for the month, as I have lots going on at work.
While there, I was also lucky enough to have a chance to visit with my friend Kristen and her twins. We are good friends from college and she was in our wedding, but we hadn't seen each other in three years (and three kids ago!). It was fantastic to see her girls and have a little of a chance to catch up with her, but a much longer weekend is needed!