Saturday, September 20, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
Kathy's fabric foundation pieced blocks...getting close to all done,
but she didn't like working on the fabric foundation at all!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
As mentioned in a previous post, I achieved all of my goals for the month - the first time I have done so! Woo hoo - here they are:
- Pillowcase with panel from Sisters Quilt Show
- Completed 2 Patchwork Illusions blocks and sewed all 4 blocks together
- Stack and Whack blocks for Suzie's quilt (a bee exchange, I made three of them)
- UFO #2 - my nephew Collin's stocking put together
- Label on Jack's quilt
- Africa block for Heather's quilt (online group)
- Mended a shirt that has been in my sewing room for 6+ months
- Free motion quilted a blue baby girl quilt
- 2 Log cabin lottery blocks (online group)
- 2 Pillowcases for friends
- Carol Doak August block of the month
- Started Jolene Star table runner
- Quilting in Indiana sewing day at Shiisa quilts in Bloomington
My high level goal statements last month seemed to work well for me, so I am going high level again! September goals include:
- Blocks for bee and Quilting in Indiana lottery
- Catch up with baby gifts/quilts/cross-stitch (5 to catch me up to present! And I have friends with babies due for several more months...so I need to catch up so I can keep up over the winter!)
- Finish a quilt top...I have a couple in progress and would like to get one of them done
- Put away all the fabric I have bought over the past two months which is now piled in stacks all over my sewing room!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Jenna was quite the helper, feeding the outdoor dog, two barn cats, the goats, miniature donkey, miniature pony, and chickens, and throwing fish food into the ponds for the catfish and bass. She also checked the chicken coop for eggs and found one!
It was a great day and the kids loved seeing all the animals. Oh, and Jenna got to ride Belle the horse too. She rode Belle at Thanksgiving last year and was really nervous. This time she jumped right on and had a blast. Here are some pictures of our adventure!