Saturday, August 30, 2008
I'll be back on with the final list of accomplishments, hours, and Sept goals Monday or Tuesday.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Here are a few of the blocks I have completed recently...this one is for a member of one of my online groups who is in the Navy and currently deployed. 20 from our group are making red, white, and blue blocks and sending them to another member who will put a quilt top together. She will be starting on it soon, and I will link to it when finished. Mine is the Africa star from Carol Doak's Mariners Compass book.
I also finished making my blocks for the Quilters in Indiana block lottery the other night and they have been sent away to Rhonda, the winner this month. She already has received about 20 blocks and I can't wait to see what she does with them. They are so much fun...and I really like the red, white, and black color combo, so may have to do something with those colors.
Tonight, I was multi-tasking....trimming up blocks to 12 1/2" for a lap quilt that will be finished sometime in the next 2 years, and making some pillowcases that will be sent off to a friend soon. Not going to post pictures or say anymore about that now...but will share after she has them. I was remarking to my mom tonight how I remember making my first 2 pillowcases, and how it was so hard and took me all day! Now, I do them late at night after a full day at work because they are so easy! Progress feels just great.
Well, I should head to bed now....I guess I am still a little overtired from 2 weeks of watching the Olympics way too late...I just tried to put hairspray instead of toothpaste on my toothbrush! I caught myself just in time!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
On a quilting/sewing note, it has been a very slow week in my sewing room, as I have been parked nightly in front of the TV watching Olympics (much too late)...maybe I will get back to making some progress when they conclude!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
The things I completed in July are:
- Red, White, and Blue top and back from Quilters in Indiana lottery blocks
- 2009 Quilt show opportunity quilt block
- May and July Carol Doak Blocks of the Month
- 2 Lottery blocks for Quilters in Indiana
- Hanger on Jack the dog UFO
- Attended the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show and had a fantastic time in Oregon visiting 10 quilt shops and vacationing with Mom and Jack
August is being marked as "Finish It Up Month" for one of my other groups, Prolific Online Quilters. We are all working hard to get some old UFOs completed, and I am going to concentrate on that too. My goals for this month are:
- Complete August Carol Doak BOM (last in the series of 12)
- Complete a few blocks for the Quilters in IN block lottery
- Finish UFO #2, Collin's Stocking
- Work on some other UFOs
- Machine quilt something! For pete's sake, I took the class in May and haven't had the guts to do anything since then, so I really need to get a move on.
- Work on something new and exciting (thanks Sara for this suggestion!)
I will report in throughout the month, and it is already looking good, as I have completed something each day I've sewn so far this month.